Cisco Technical Support Specialist
To indirectly contribute to Cisco's revenue and growth, by offering technical insight and
expert advice to Cisco business partners and qualified Cisco sales employees, as they work with
end customers to define a Cisco solution that meets their specific needs. And to assist Cisco partners
and qualified Cisco employees in the Americas, helping them to position the best technical solution for
each specific scenario; by providing comprehensive, accurate and timely information, which may include product technical details,
compatibility, features validating or creating bills or materials, among others
- Monitor the different sources of incoming support requests and pick up cases in a timely manner.
- Effectively resolve incoming inquiries meeting the different key performance indicators: Ask the right probing questions in a timely manner, to gather all relevant details to understand correctly what the requestor needs; then perform effective research, using different resources at his disposal and finally, provide an effective and comprehensive answer that should meet the requester expectations.
- Provide adequate follow-up to each case, to ensure that the information provided meets the customer expectations. And proactively, find opportunities to offer additional information or insight, when needed.
- Use appropriate judgement to determine when a case must be escalated due its complexity, only after having used the resources at his disposal.
- Constantly update knowledge and improve skills: Comply with training requirements (from Client or SYKES), including but not limited to: attending to internal training sessions, completing online training, interacting with engineers from higher Tiers and striving to obtain those technical certifications and skills that align with his job.
- Collaborate with other specialists and engineers in the resolution of cases and proactively provide feedback that can help to improve current policies & procedures; contribute to solve issues that impact either partners, specialists or the overall operation.
- Be fully aware of current policies and procedures in order to stay updated on relevant changes that can affect his performance.