Compute Engineer L2
Provide customer facing systems engineering/problem resolution support functions for systems,
storage, and backup incidents in accordance with the account’s incident management process. This
involves alarm monitoring validation and triage, initial troubleshooting of managed systems services,
and support of all production services for internal and external customers. As a premier service provider
of managed services, engineers will be
responsible for service event investigations, classification and service restoration activities.
- Advanced English Speaker. Fluent in verbal and written English. High Proficiency level (85 %>)
- Strong experience and knowledge with various Unix based server operating systems, including the following:
- Red Hat Linux
- Solaris Zones
- LPAR Configuration
- Network configuration
- IP addressing
- SAN Connectivity
- Basic shell scripting
- Opsware service management platform
- Strong Working knowledge of storage and backup technologies
- SNMP and monitoring tools experience (e.g. – Zenoss, CA SystemEdge, Netsnmp)
- Working knowledge of ESX/VMWare (VSphere vCenter & Site Recovery Manager)
- Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve technical issues with multiple teams.
- Strong customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Solid operational support experience and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of networking standards and device connection troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of Symantec End-Point Protection and ability to troubleshoot and remove a virus
- Ability to effectively use diagnostic tools.
- Ability to learn and respond to demands in a fast-paced, highly technical environment and to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Good organizational, time management and service delivery skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- B.S. Degree, Computer Science or similar engineering degree or equivalent work-related experience
- MCSE or RHCSE certification
- Completion or progress towards higher level VMware certifications such as VCP, VCAP, Data Design and Data Center Admin