Linux Technical Support Engineer
To efficiently provide high quality and accurate resolutions to customers
under stipulated policies and procedures, in a constant evolving environment by
offering world class customer support.
Skillset & Requirements
- Advanced English Speaker. Fluent in verbal and written English. High Proficiency level (85 %> orally and overall) (Must).
- Linux CLI Proficiency (Must).
- Schedule flexibility (Must).
- Navigation through the bash/dash shells, including o Location of common files such as system logs, mail logs, startup scripts, and user limits
- Gaining remote access to other hosts
- Manipulation of files and directories, including o Moving, renaming, and deleting
- Transferring files between hosts
- Comprehension of, and skill in, manipulating file system permissions for files and directories
- User and groups or Reading user and group ownership of files and directories
- Adding and removing users
- Switching between user shells
- Using sudo
- When to use the root user
- Basics and good understanding of DBs and scriptin
- Group Policy controls
- Active Directory general structure - Forest, trees, domain
- Editing file permissions
- Collecting MSI installer logs
- Power Shell
- Shell Script