Senior Network Engineer
To efficiently provide high quality and accurate resolutions to customers under stipulated policies and procedures, by offering world class customer support via phone or mail. The purpose of this position is to configure servers, related operating systems, peripheral devices and infrastructure in support of our customers who test/recover their operating environment. Service may include execution of customer-specific technical recovery scripts, as required by our Managed Recovery Program (MRP) and legacy service obligations.
- Investigate network problems to determined root cause and provide potential short/long term solutions to avoid reoccurrences.
- Perform technical network investigations for assigned ITIL Problems. This involves layer 1-3 issues in a state of the art MPLS based IP backbone, Core switches and DNS.
- Perform proactive analysis and investigations to determine potential network problems in customer environments.
- Analyze Core Local and Wide Area Networks to determine possible faults.
- Escalate Problems to external vendors as required.
- Identify root causes and suggest work-arounds were applicable.
- Participate in departmental process/procedures development
- Mentor less experienced engineering and technical personnel.
- Maintain technical expertise, required industry certifications, and stay current with new and emerging networking technologies.
- Manage special projects as required.
- This position requires an individual that is able to manage multiple incidents in a fast-paced environment
- To provide training when is required.