Senior Storage Engineer
To provide the right storage engineer the opportunity to work and learn all of the latest storage
technologies while still maintaining their skills on well-established technologies. Engineers must stay
up to date on all the latest storage technologies such as EMC, Netapp, Hitachi, 3PAR, Oracle ZFS, IBM and HP
storage devices, along with Brocade and Cisco SAN switches. The candidate will play an integral role in resolving
Incidents in our ever-changing customer dedicated and shared storage environments.
- Advanced English Speaker. English Level 85% or above. (must)
- Full Schedule Flexibility. (must)
- Availability to be on a on-call rotation during days off and out of the shift hours. (must)
- Flexibility of working at any site including weekends when needed (must)
- Have a minimum 3 years of diverse storage environment experience (Netapp, EMC, IBM, Hitachi, Oracle ZFS and HP 3PAR storage devices). (must)
- College Degree preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a High School Diploma.
- Experience supporting SAN Switches (Brocade and/or Cisco).
- Strong customer service and communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Must have detailed knowledge of RAID, SCSI, SAN, and NAS.
- Strong time management and organizational skill are required.
- Must have the ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Must know basic IP security structures regarding disk and tape storage.
- Extensive knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies is required.
- Strong storage problem isolation and resolutions skills required.
- Must have the ability to lead and direct vendors to assist them in their efforts.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a requirement.
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies.
- Customer facing skill set
- Understands how to work with technical and non-technical leaders in a professional setting.
- Has experience with documentation and feels comfortable using and working with Visio
- Team player and feels comfortable mentoring peers.
- Can work in a high paced environment and feels comfortable presenting solutions to problems.
- Has worked in an environment with multiple filers, in production, development and staging arenas.
- Deals with stressful situations well