Cisco Technical Support Agent
To indirectly contribute to Cisco’s revenue and growth, by offering technical insight and expert advice
to Cisco business partners and qualified Cisco sales employees, as they work with end customers to
define a Cisco solution that meets their specific needs. And to assist Cisco partners and qualified Cisco
employees in the Americas, helping them to position the best technical solution for each specific
scenario; by providing comprehensive, accurate and timely information, which may include product
technical details, compatibility, features validating or creating bills or materials, among others.
- Monitor the different sources of incoming support requests and pick up cases in a timely manner.
- Effectively resolve incoming inquiries meeting the different key performance indicators: Ask the right probing questions in a timely manner, to gather all relevant details to understand correctly
what the requestor needs; then perform effective research, using different resources at his
disposal and finally, provide an effective and comprehensive answer that should meet the
Provide adequate follow-up to each case, to ensure that the information provided meets the
customer expectations. And proactively, find opportunities to offer additional information or
insight, when needed.
- Use appropriate judgement to determine when a case must be escalated due its complexity,
only after having used the resources at his disposal.
- Constantly update knowledge and improve skills: Comply with training requirements (from
Client or SYKES), including but not limited to: attending to internal training sessions, completing
online training, interacting with engineers from higher Tiers and striving to obtain those
technical certifications and skills that align with his job.
- Collaborate with other specialists and engineers in the resolution of cases and proactively
provide feedback that can help to improve current policies & procedures; contribute to solve
issues that impact either partners, specialists or the overall operation.
- Be fully aware of current policies and procedures in order to stay updated on relevant changes
that can affect his performance.