dCloud Platform Operations Engineer
The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for day-to-day management of the dCloud environment. This includes proactive and reactive management, working with the design and implementation teams to install and remove equipment, configuring equipment as it is installed in the datacenter, implementing changes, providing input into weekly operations calls, timely reporting of issues, log file management, configuration of management tools and other standard day to day operational tasks.
- Managing network infrastructure - code upgrades, log file management, troubleshooting, configuring interfaces, access lists etc.
- Provide guidance for junior members of the team before escalating issues.
- Demonstrable ability to manage a VMware vSphere environment.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Cisco IOS and/or NXOS, including the latest code revisions, upgrading/downgrading code and the CLI.
- Demonstrable in-depth working knowledge of VLAN, STP and Trunking.
- Current knowledge of Cisco ISR hardware, including Network Modules, Interface Cards, Power over Ethernet, etc.
- Ability to Manage Netapp, VMware and UCS environment (managing and maintaining)
- Ability to image bare metal servers and install VMware vSphere.
- Ability to install Windows, Linux and appliance O/S on Virtual Machines.
- Ability to transfer files using FTP, TFTP, USB, etc.
- Ability to open and manage cases / trouble tickets with third-party vendors
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting from Layer 1 through Layer 7 of the OSI model.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SSH, HTTPS, and VPN in a Cisco environment.