To carry out activities involved with procuring and acquiring goods such as office supplies, materials, equipment, tools, and spare parts, through the informal bid process and telephone quotations.
- At least 2 years of experience as a purchaser.
- Experience as a purchasing coordinator is a plus.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge.
- Very good written and oral communication skills (English/Spanish).
- Ability to obtain and interpret market prices and trends and to apply such interpretations to procurement problems.
- Knowledge of how to interact with a Microsoft Windows Operative Systems.
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures for acquiring commodities and of the laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the procurement of commodities and services.
- Import and export Logistic basic knowledge.
- Proactive and organized.
- Capable of working and reaching results under pressure.
- Capability to assimilate a dynamic environment.
- To search for new potential vendors/suppliers and contact them to request bids.
- To propose new vendors and obtain documents.
- To process purchase requests as required for compliance with company policies and procedures.
- To select vendors to receive bid notices based upon market knowledge at their own discretion.
- To confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, for example, price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- To determine the best offer and make recommendations for purchasing the required supplies from such vendors.
- To research price agreements, confirm that they are current, and verify the terms of the agreement.
- To discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with company personnel, vendors, and others to determine the source of trouble and take corrective action.
- To make purchase reports and update purchase statistics.
- To serve as a liaison between the company and the suppliers to solve issues regarding purchase order specifications, delivering schedules, payment agreements, and related matters.
- To type or enter purchase orders and codification into the Lawson system.
- To monitor past due purchase orders and delinquent vendor quotations which are delaying placement of orders.
- To create and maintain various logs, reports, files, and product/vendor libraries.
- To sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail or faxes related to purchasing processes.
- To compose, prepare, or ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries related to purchasing processes.
- To establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents and perform routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- To provide coaching to the team and Sykes when required.
- Be a backup of the purchasing supervisor when required.
- To send all purchases order to the vendors to proceed with the execution of the purchase.
- To perform any other tasks, duties, or services requested by his/her immediate superior.
- Work at home.
- Educational reimbursement.
- Growth Opportunities.
Explore the benefits we have for you!
Our collaborators can enjoy many great benefits.