WFM Business Analyst
Twilio is seeking a Workforce Management Analyst to join our Support Strategy & Enablement team. You will be responsible for contributing to the implementation and documentation of WFM to the Support organization, helping to build synergies across teams in areas such as developing business models and introducing initiatives aimed at long-term sustainability.
- Advanced English Speaker. Fluent in verbal and written English. High Proficiency level (85 %>) (must).
- Skilled in the use of computer and related software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Proficient in MS Excel and programming Excel for data collection.
- Knowledge of automated workforce management software (Aspect’s eWFM, Tracking Module, Work Time Tracker).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with different levels of management within the organization.
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Recover quickly from setbacks.
- Breaks down the locked or internal monthly forecast approved by the client.
- Develop reports on locked volume forecasts and communicate them to the account’s leadership team for planning and staffing recommendations.
- Build weekly, monthly and quarterly volume projections, staffing, and capacity plans, or reduction plans by account and line of business and monitor forecasting accuracy.
- Educational reimbursement.
- Growth Opportunities.
- Work at home.
Explore the benefits we have for you!
Our collaborators can enjoy many great benefits.